Known for its open source hardware, BeagleBoard announced this week the release of its latest innovation, the BeagleV-Ahead. This Single Board Computer (SBC) is an innovative device that is powered by a 64-bit quad-core RISC-V SoC, TH1520, from T-Head. Opening new horizons in rapid expansion RISC-V sphere, BeagleV-Ahead is set to make its mark on the future of open source hardware.
BeagleV-Ahead is an example of the process of democratizing computers. Shows how an open source hardware platform built on the RISC-V instruction set architecture (ISA) can provide greater access, superior performance, and unprecedented resilience. It is an open invitation to developers, researchers, and technology enthusiasts to delve deeper into RISC-V technology and make exciting discoveries.
The BeagleV-Ahead RISC-V single board computer
The SBC’s compact design, powerful performance, and diverse I/O interfaces make it a reliable tool for a wide range of applications. Whether you are looking for Internet of Things (IoT) devices, Artificial Intelligence (AI), bots or embedded systems, BeagleV-Ahead is just right for you.
- RISC-V CPU: The BeagleV-Ahead is equipped with the Alibaba T-Head TH1520 quad-core RISC-V Xuantie C910 processor. It also houses a Xuantie C906 audio DSP, a low-power Xuantie E902 core, 50 GFLOPS Imagination 3D GPU, and 4 TOPS NPU.
- storage: It comes with 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 16GB eMMC storage, and a microSD expansion slot.
- networks: The SBC features WiFi 2.4GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.2 and Gigabit Ethernet for reliable networking.
- Delivery: Provides connection options such as microHDMI, USB3 microAB (host/device), and serial debugging.
- Additional Expansion: Optimize your board with 92-pin header pins compatible with mikroBUS (UART / I2C / SPI / ADC / PWM / GPIO), 2xCSI, DSI and BeagleBone.
- Open source design: In line with the principles of open source hardware, users are free to access and modify the board design and firmware. This fosters greater collaboration and innovation within the RISC-V community.
- Linux compatible: BeagleV-Ahead comes with Yocto pre-installed, and also supports Ubuntu and Fedora.
BeagleV-Ahead is a versatile, powerful and accessible device that is paving the way for new frontiers in the world of open source hardware. From tech-savvy developers to curious hobbyists, anyone looking to explore the potential of RISC-V technology will find a powerful ally.
“We are very excited to introduce the BeagleV-Ahead to the world,” said Jason Cridner, co-founder of BeagleBoard.org. “RISC-V is rapidly gaining momentum as a transformative technology, and we believe BeagleV-Ahead will play an important role in its widespread adoption. Our goal is to provide a robust, open source platform that enables users to unleash their creativity and develop cutting-edge solutions.”
RISC-V is committed to providing our community of innovation with a variety of hardware and software. We’re thrilled to have another great board to help make RISC-V development even easier,” said Callista Redmond, CEO of RISC-V International. “We’ve already seen strong adoption of RISC-V in BeagleBoard.org’s target markets, including IoT and AI, so we look forward to seeing what developers around the world create with BeagleV-Ahead.”
Filed under: Devices, Top News
disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, TechMehow may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our disclosure policy.