It’s a familiar experience: You’re in the middle of capturing a breathtaking scene or recording an important event on your iPhone when the dreaded notification pops up —”Storage is almost fullIf you are constantly grappling with storage space, you will be happy to know that there are many ways to free up space and boost the performance of your iPhone. This guide covers the proven methods of How to get more storage space on your iPhone, allowing you to enjoy your device without worrying about running out of space. Provide as much space as possible for you to use Before you have to part with any of your hard earned money.
Clear Safari caches
The Safari browser, like any web browser, stores data such as login information, website settings, and browsing history. Over time, this cache can take up a lot of storage space. If you are looking for a straightforward way to recover storage, follow the steps below:
- Go to your iPhone settings.
- Scroll down and tap Safari.
- handle Clear history and website data.
- Confirm by clicking Clear history and data.
By performing these steps, you will have more storage available on your iPhone. However, remember that this will sign you out of the websites you are currently logged into.
Clear app cache
While there is no one-click solution to clear all app cache on iOS, there are certain apps, particularly social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, that allow users to manually clear cache within the app settings. Here is a general way to clear cache from these apps:
- Open the app and tap your profile or settings icon (it’s usually in one of the corners of the screen).
- Go through settings to find an option similar to Clear cache or clean storage.
- Click on it and confirm your action.
Clearing app cache regularly can help you get more storage on your iPhone and improve apps performance.
Delete attachments in messages
If you frequently exchange media files through iMessage, these attachments can accumulate and take up a lot of storage space. Follow these simple steps to delete it:
- Opens Messages.
- Tap on a conversation that contains attachments you’d like to delete.
- Click on information (“i”) in the upper-right corner.
- Scroll down to File the pictures or attachments to divide.
- Long press on the attachment and select more.
- Select the attachments you wish to delete and press Garbage container icon.
Stop storing messages forever
By default, your iPhone stores all of your messages forever. This can take up a lot of space over time. If you want to improve your storage situation, change your message history settings:
- go to settings > Messages.
- Scroll down to Keep the messages.
- He chooses 30 days or One year.
Your iPhone will then delete the old messages, freeing up more storage space.
Delete attachments from WhatsApp
Attachments shared via WhatsApp, especially photos and videos, can quickly take up a lot of storage space. You can manually delete the following:
- Opens The WhatsApp and go to settings.
- handle Data and storage usage.
- handle Storage use and select conversation.
- handle Manages > select the picturesAnd videosor other types of data you wish to delete > tap Clear.
Remove duplicate photos
Duplicate photos can take up your storage space unnecessarily. Various apps on the App Store can help identify and delete these duplicates, such as Gemini Photos. Once you install one:
- Open the app and allow it to scan your photo library.
- See the frequencies it defines.
- Select and delete the duplicates you don’t need
- You have successfully freed up your storage space
Downloaded music, movies, and podcasts
If you are a music listener or podcast enthusiast, it is likely that downloaded files are taking up a lot of space on your iPhone. Here’s how to manage it:
- For music, go to settings > music > Downloaded music.
- For podcasts, go to settings > Podcasts > Downloaded episodes.
Either way, you can swipe left on items to delete them, or use the release button for multiple selections.
Offload unused apps
Apple’s iOS provides an effective tool to automatically offload unused apps, thus saving a lot of space. Don’t worry, your documents and data will be reinstalled if you need the app again. Follow these steps:
- go to settings > app store.
- maybe Offload unused apps.
Back up your photos and videos to iCloud
Photos and videos can be among the largest files on your device. Fortunately, Apple offers iCloud as a solution. Once enabled, iCloud will store your multimedia files in the cloud, freeing up local storage:
- go to settings And tap on your Apple ID at the top.
- handle iCloud > the pictures.
- maybe iCloud Photos.
Remember that this method depends on having enough iCloud storage, which may require a subscription if you need more than the free 5GB.
Use iOS storage recommendations
Last but not least, iOS offers personalized recommendations to help you optimize storage. Simply go to settings > general > iPhone storage. Here, you’ll find recommendations like “Review Downloaded Videos” or “Empty Recently Deleted Album” that can help you get back some much-needed space.
Upgrade your iCloud storage
Getting more storage on your iPhone requires a series of strategic steps and decisions. From clearing Safari and app cache, managing message attachments, removing duplicate photos, offloading apps, and using iCloud and iOS storage recommendations, these methods can greatly improve your iPhone storage situation. However, there may come a time when you need to upgrade your iCloud account to access more storage space than the free 5GB cloud storage provided by Apple. To do this on your iPhone, just follow the instructions below:
- go to settingsthen tap your name.
- handle iCloud, then tap Manage Account Storage or Manage Storage. Or scroll down and tap Upgrade to iCloud+.
- handle Buy more storage space or Change the storage plan.
- Choose a plan and follow the onscreen instructions provided by Apple.
If you need more help freeing up space on your iPhone, it might be worth going to the official Apple Support website or booking an appointment with an Apple Genius bar representative.